- CSI Linux 2021.1 has been rebuilt from scratch using the Ubuntu 20.04 LTS base and is smaller and faster.
- If you were using the Analyst and Gateway (2020.2), they have been merged into a single environment. When turned on, the CSI_TorVPN encapsulates all traffic through Tor similarly to how Tails works. The CSI_Gateway app is now pointing to at Whonix gateway VM. This gives you two different options when using the Virtual Appliance. If you are using the bootable version, you can only use the CSI_TorVPN.
- You can also add a VPN or Tor gateway to your network router for an external network layer of security.
- The CSI Linux SIEM has been separated ad is now separate from CSI Linux. MISP, OTX, Malcolm, Moloch, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, Zeek, and others have been combined into this growing network monitoring and forensic server environment. This will be able to be downloaded onto CSI Linux or used on another system on the network.
New Tools for 2021.1:
* New Bookmarks and resoruces
* CSI Linux “New Case”
* CSI Linux Report Template Generator”
* CSI Linux Tools update and additions
* CSI WebsiteScreenshot replaces
– – EyeWitness
* Johnny (John the Riper GUI)
* GUFW (UFW GUI)
* Android Free Forensic Toolkit (AFFT)
* Additional file support
* Updated Autopsy GUI to 4.17 * and more …